Vitamin K pairs up with vitamin D, much like magnesium pairs up with calcium. Both vitamin K and magnesium help keep calcium in the bones and out of the blood vessels and other soft tissues. Whenever vitamin D and calcium are being taken by a consumer or prescribed by a practitioner, then vitamin K and magnesium should likewise be included in the daily regimen or protocol.
Thorne has chosen DiCalcium Malate and DiMagnesium Malate for Basic Bone Nutrients because these two forms of calcium and magnesium exhibit a combination of both optimal absorption and optimal concentration (with two molecules of calcium or magnesium being bound to one molecule of malate).
MenaQ7 is soy-free and has been clinically studied and found to be effective for supporting bone health at levels as low as 45 mcg daily.
- The synergy of four highly-researched nutrients that are essential for bone health – now available in one product.
- The most well-researched form of vitamin K2 (MK-7 as MenaQ7®).
- Vitamin D (as vitamin D3) – minus the preservatives and lactose diluents found in many other vitamin D products.
- Calcium (as DiCalcium Malate) and magnesium (as DiMagnesium Malate) – very well-absorbed forms of calcium and magnesium, in concentrated forms that allow more elemental calcium and magnesium per capsule.
Recommended Use or Purpose:
Helps in the development and maintenance of bones and teeth, especially in childhood, adolescence, and young adulthood. Adequate calcium and vitamin D as part of a healthy diet may help prevent bone loss/osteoporosis. Helps to maintain normal muscle function. Helps to build strong bones and teeth.
Recommended Dose (Adults):
Take 1 capsule two times daily or as recommended by your health professional. Take a few hours before or after taking other medications or natural health products. Take with food.
- Calcium (DiCalcium Malate) (DimaCal®)† 200 mg
- Magnesium (DiMagnesium Malate) (Albion®)†† 50 mg
- Vitamin K2 45 mcg
- Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) (500 IU) 12.5 mcg
Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule, Calcium Laurate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Silicon Dioxide, d-alpha Tocopherol.
†This product uses Albion’s DimaCal® DiCalcium Malate. DimaCal is a registered trademark of Albion International, Inc.
††This product uses Albion’s DiMagnesium Malate. Albion is a registered trademark of Albion International, Inc.
Risk Information: Consult your health professional prior to use if you are taking blood thinners.
Keep out of reach of children. Do not use if security seal inside the cap is broken. Store tightly sealed in a cool, dry place.