Probiotic formula for breast fed children (1-4 years) – Genestra
* This item is non-returnable and non-refundable whether opened or not.
• Helps support intestinal/gastrointestinal health
• Could promote a favorable gut floraHuman-sourced Probiotic Consortium
• 10 billion CFU per serving
• Provides Lactobacillus salivarius, Lactobacillus paracasei, Bifidobacterium bifidum and Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactisHMF Baby B is a probiotic formula for breast fed children (1-4 years) that provides Lactobacillus salivarius, Lactobacillus paracasei, Bifidobacterium bifidum and Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis, which help support intestinal/gastrointestinal health and could promote a favorable gut flora.12 HMF Baby B powder dissolves easily into milk or water, and is free of gluten and soy. Ideal for vegetarian children.
Additional product info: Daily supplementation with HMF Baby B’s formulation in infants was found to safely and effectively reduce incidence of skin sensitivity and promote skin health. In a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel group trial, 454 pregnant women at 36 weeks gestation were randomized to either a probiotic capsule group (Lactobacillus salivarius CUL61 6.25×109 colony forming units (CFUs), Lactobacillus paracasei CUL08 1.25×109 CFU, Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis CUL34 1.25×109 CFU and Bifidobacterium bifidum CUL20 1.25×109 CFU) or a placebo capsule group. Participants began daily supplementation with either treatment until giving birth; participants’ infants then began daily supplementation until 6 months of age. Infant skin sensitivity testing was performed at 6 months and again at 2 years of age. In comparison with the infant participants in the placebo group, participants in the probiotic group experienced a statistically significant 44% decrease in skin sensitivity.(1) Usage of HMF Baby B’s formulation did not impact adverse event incidence, number of visits to the doctor, or mothers’ assessment of infant health.(2) Based on these findings, the authors concluded that usage of the probiotic formulation was safe during pregnancy and early infancy.
These results expand upon the findings of several other clinical trials that have demonstrated the skin health promoting effects of probiotic supplementation in infants. In a similar clinical study, daily supplementation with a probiotic mixture from 4-8 weeks prior to delivery and for the first 6 months of age significantly reduced the incidence of skin sensitivity in infants.(3) In infants aged 1-3 with sensitive skin, daily supplementation with a probiotic mixture for 8 weeks was found to help support normal skin health.(4)
2. Allen S, Jordan S, Storey M, Thornton C, Gravenor M, and Garaiova I et al. Dietary Supplementation with Lactobacilli and Bifidobacteria Is Well Tolerated and Not Associated with Adverse Events during Late Pregnancy and Early Infancy. The Journal of Nutrition. 2010; 140: 483–488
3. Kim JY, Kwon JH, Ahn SH, Lee SI, and Han YS et al. Pediatric Allergy and Immunology; 2010: 21: e386–e393 4. Gerasimov S, Vasjuta V, Myhovych O and Bondarchul L. America Journal of Clinical Dermatology. 2010; 11(5): 351-361
|EACH SCOOP (200 mg) CONTAINS:|
|Probiotic Consortium||10 billion.CFU|
|Bifidobacterium bifidum (CUL-20)|
|Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis (CUL-34)|
|Lactobacillus salivarius (CUL-61)|
|Lactobacillus paracasei (CUL-08)
Recommended Dose: Children (1-4 years):
Guaranteed to contain no added wheat, starch, gluten, soy, artificial colouring or flavouring or antimicrobial preservatives. Ideal for vegetarians.